A Little Knee Time Needed!
We are Here! We are HERE!! WE ARE HERE!!!
I can’t believe that we are finally here! Just 2.5 days until we meet our baby girl!
We had a good flight, made it to the hotel safely and slept off and on throughout the night. (McKayla choose to be awake from 11pm-5am…ugh!)
- Safe flight
- That we get Amelia okay and china says okay
- Safe trip coming home. No accidents on the airplane
- Keep our house safe
- Help Ashok, Chamila and new baby (this was our housekeeper in Dubai)
- To help Amelia’s heart to love and trust us and me, McKayla.
- Safety while in china.
- Keep us all healthy
- The paperwork would go smoothly and bless the whole process
- Heather would be able to have a sense of peace and not to stress or worry about anything.
- Prepare us for the unknown
- Safe and trouble free travel
- Sleep – We are a family of sleepers…we LOVE our sleep and we NEED our sleep. Pray that we get over jet lag quickly, so that we will be alert and coherent when we get Amelia…we don’t want to miss anything on her Gotcha Day. Also pray that Amelia is comfortable enough to sleep soundly from the time we get her.
- Food – Being married to the worlds pickiest eater can make trips like this one stressful, pray that we find foods that Jay (and my mom) will be comfortable eating…otherwise pray that the oatmeal and peanut butter crackers I packed will sustain them! Pray that I don’t eat too many daring things…things I might regret later in the day. 😉 Also, pray for Amelia’s wee tummy, we won’t know exactly what she ate on a daily basis, so pray that her tummy won’t get too messed up.
- Patience – As I explained to McMot, “Mommy and Daddy are going to be emotional over the next couple of weeks, and with lots of emotion comes lots of stress, and with lots of stress comes lack of patience, I just need you to show us a little grace and just know that we are doing the best we can”. Pray that we have patience for each other and patience with the process of finalizing everything.
- Health – We will be exposed to SO many new germs, pray that our immune systems stay strong and are able to fight off any sickness. (especially with M feeling like she needs to touch everything and crawl on the hotel floor…pretty sure Jay just bathed her in antibacterial gel…geesh!)
- Connie – My Mom joined us on this trip to help us look after and love on McKayla…not many mama’s could do this, but she is. Pray for her health, patience and energy!
- McKayla – We are SO blessed that we could bring McKayla with us…a trip she will never forget! Pray that God will use this time to draw us together as a family of four.
- Jay – What a mighty man I married! Pray that this man will continue to be so strong for his crazy girls…all three of us!
- Amelia – Oh sweet angel…I have dreamed of you for 10 years, and now you will soon be in my arms! Pray for my littlest daughter, that God would heal her heart of the grief and pain she is about to go through as she loses everyone and everything she has ever known. Pray that she is able to begin attaching to Jay and I, and also to her sweet sister that is not going to be able to help but smother her in smooches! Pray that she is patient with us as we try to feed her, change her and love her.
- Orphanage – Pray for each of her caregivers at her orphanage, they have had the privilege of watching Amelia go from a baby to a toddler, bless them for loving our daughter until we could get to her. Pray for the children in her orphanage to find their forever families.
- Amelia’s Birth parents – We will never know why her birth parents couldn’t keep her, but we feel honored to call her ours. Pray that they have peace that she will be well loved and well looked after.